Eur 150 million closing for the first fund. Of the italian private equity fund manager Metrika

14 December 2021
With oversubscriptions worth EUR 200 million, a deal to be announced and two portfolio companies, the first METRIKA Fund reached the hard cap of EUR 150 million.

Milan, 14th of December 2021 – The first Fund managed by METRIKA SGR S.p.A. completed its closing reaching the hard cap of EUR 150 million of total commitments. Commitments from institutional investors– of whom mostly foreigners – account for 40%, and the remaining 60% has been subscribed by industrial families and managers deeply linked to the niche sectors where the industrial “Made in Italy” plays most of its role and where the Fund invests.

The strong relationship among investors, their expertise and the industrial strategy of the Fund were crucial during the fundraising phase. These are the key features leading the Investment Team to the growth and development of the recently acquired assets:

– Robor, located in Quinto di Treviso (Northeast of Italy – mechanical sector), is specialized in the design and production of automatic lines and machinery for the most advanced manufacturers of insulating sandwich panels.

– Allegrini, located in Grassobbio (North of Italy – chemical sector) is specialized in the production and commercialization of professional cleaning solutions and cosmetics.

“We are extremely proud of the results achieved – declared METRIKA SGR CEO and founder Marco Giuseppini – thanks to the continuous dialogue with managers, entrepreneurs, family offices and institutional investors, we have received subscriptions amounting to EUR 200 million, widely above the expected hard cap.”

“The deal flow is vibrant thanks to a very consistent investment strategy – remarked the Managing Partner Nicola Pietralunga – which is always focused on real industrial assets – such as those involving the two active portfolio companies – and such as the new one we are about to announce”.

During the entire fundraising phase and for the tax and legal aspects, METRIKA SGR S.p.A has been assisted by the firm McDermott Will & Emery, specifically by Emidio Cacciapuoti, Giorgio Bobba, and Davide Massiglia.

***

METRIKA SGR S.p.A. is an authorised Private Equity Fund Manager led by CEO Marco Giuseppini, who founded it in 2019, and Managing Partner Nicola Pietralunga, who strengthened it with his entry at the beginning of 2020, handling today EUR 250 million of assets under management. Metrika’s investment thesis aims at the acquisition of both majority and minority qualified shares in Italian companies with a turnover between 20 and EUR 100 million, positive operating profitability and a solid financial structure.

METRIKA SGR S.p.A. is characterized by a “hands on” approach to investments, thus focusing on those sectors where the members of the Investment Team have gained in-depth knowledge. The areas of interest of the Fund concern in particular the following industrial sectors: precision mechanics, packaging, industrial components, cosmetics, pharmaceutical chemicals, life sciences, and food sector.

  • Via Privata Fratelli Gabba 1/A – 20121 Milan

  • VAT 10693910969

  • R.E.A. MI - 2550251

Metrika SGR S.p.A.

SGR Registered in the register pursuant to ART. 35 of the TUF at Banca d'Italia, AIF Managers Section, at number 173, on 30/07/2019


Privacy Policy     Cookie Policy